With one small (well, maybe not small, but whatever) sticking point, this week is ending on a MUCH better note than I would have thought.
1. Since I didn't exactly make an official announcement at the time, I will now:
I got into Mount Royal's Bachelor's of Science program. Wheee!
My major right now is, "general science," which I realize isn't a real major, but I'll be tailoring my program to reflect biology/health science courses, and possibly transfer to the U of C in two years as a bio major.
2. Unfortunately, because I was registered VERY late, most of the classes I need to take this year are full. But I am currently registered for:
-"Introduction to Computer-Based Problem Solving for Scientists" [programming]
-"Calculus for Scientists I"
-"The Physical Environment" [geography - next year I take geology]
-"Globalization" ["foundation level" elective]
-"Introduction to Poetry" [elective]
-"Introduction to the Study of Film" [elective]
...Cool, eh? ( More blather about my course requirements )
BUT. I'm in the, "Intro to the Study of Film" class! I've wanted to take that course since the last time I went to Mount Royal, i.e. five years ago. They can't MAKE me drop it!
Although...I'm in the same section of that class as my sister
. Gonna be weeeird much?
3. None of my teachers thus far seem to care a whit that I missed the first day. Whew! Although my family members and coworkers have now all either heard the story or have passed on this, "guess what Dan did THIS time," tidbit, so I guess I entertained some people.
4. My programming teacher is kind of awesome. BUT he wants us all to download Alice
to our home computers. Difficult for most people? Surely not. But with MY issues with the space on our comp...urk.
I've been meaning to get a laptop of course, and in that case, I'd simply put Alice on my own machine. But I'm sure I won't have my own laptop by the point where I'll need to start using Alice at home.
So today, I got an iPod instead. Transferring ALL my music on it should free up nearly a gig's worth of space on our comp. Plus I can put the Doctor Who
audiobook I've got on it...and possibly some video. Eighty gigs
, you guys. I can't EVEN wrap my brain around that kind of space. It's charging right now, and even with all my music loaded to it, the amount of space that takes up on it is so small that I had to put my face up to my computer screen to see the sliver
of blue that appeared at one end of the grey "capacity" bar.
I mean. WHAT.
5. Ugly point of the week - the MRC bookstore took me for $320 when the debit connection failed on me. They didn't let me have my textbooks, AND the transaction went through. But I'm going back on Monday with my bank records, and if they don't either refund the money or give me my books, you can BET I'm gonna throw a blue hairy.
Sooo, all in all, a good week. *whistles*